Friday, November 27, 2009




Foxnews story about where I work and what I am doing...

I posted this article on facebook, but I was super excited to read this. Now that we are starting to see some slow down my big project is to develop a physician mentorship program for local nation physicians.

I proposed this project to Captain Palko (from the story) about a month or so ago and I think I surprised him. I think he was expecting us to want to start bringing Afghani's onto the FOB where we could do their operations. He was pleasantly surprised when we told him that we wanted to develop a program where we would bring the local physicians onto the FOB and engage them with a mentorship program.

In this program we will have a didactic section that has already been developed and translated into Dhari (local language). We can then get these physicians to bring complex patients, or just patients who have specific problems that we can help teach them to deal with. I hope to get the local brigade involved as well to help with the non-surgical topics and get them to take ownership of the program so when I leave in 3 months it will be self sustaining.

The pictures I loaded up are of the surrounding terrain. It was absolutely beautiful taking these pictures. My little point and shoot camer just does not do it justice. Much to Sarah's dismay it has me looking at SLR's again.

1 comment:

  1. I guess a camera is in your future. You might want to get the program Live Writer on your computer. It is free. It will allow you to do so much more with your photos, crop, tilt, watermark, and placement is a lot easier.You can shrink the photos and move them around really easily. I am no computer wizard and find it really great. You just hit Publish and it goes straight to your blogspot.site and publishes your document. You will have more freedom to showcase your photos. Congrats on your future training program. Something good can come from something devastating to all. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete